Hello everybody! I made in to Houston safely! Last night I arrived at the Missionary Center where I will be staying all summer. The building is brand new, so this summer's group is the first to use it. My first task upon arriving was to help the other summer missionaries assemble a foosball table for our missionary lounge. After an hour we flipped it over and it was good to go. The other summer missionaries are from all over...They come from Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, and other places. I am so excited to be working with other like-minded students to share Jesus!
Each Sunday this summer we will be attending a different church. This morning we were blessed to visit Copperfield Church. Our supervisor (who is also the Executive Director for the Baptist Center) was the guest speaker for the church this morning. It was great to hear her heart for Houston! After service I realized that Beth Moore was sitting a couple rows behind our team during the church service. It made my day to meet her later in the lobby! Who would have thought! My first day in Houston I met Beth Moore! This week the entire team will be going through orientation and receiving our specific assignments for the summer. There are three different Baptist Mission Centers, so I will have to wait to see where I will be working...
Please keep our team in your prayers as we bond in the coming week. Pray that we will be effective in ministering to this community and that we would let God work through us.. Feel free to leave me comments. I'd love to know what's going on...
Kieley Best
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good morning!
How like God to wink at you through Beth Moore! He's got great things in store for you this summer, Kieley Best. I can't wait to read about your journey. Thank you for taking time to post the great adventure. May God show Himself to you today in a MIGHTY way. I love you! Hugs from Cleveland.
Hey Kieley,
I was thinking about you Saturday and Sunday! I was wondering how you were settling in and "taking Houston by storm!"
You know I love you, Girl. I'm praying for you ... and SOOOOO proud of you.
Let me know if you need anything that I can help you with.
Send me your "snail-mail" address too.
Kieley,
Your dad gave me the blog link. It was good to hear from you. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you throughout the summer.
Post a Comment