Well after many days of Internet problems...I'm Back! I'm currently writing on my roommate's laptop...the past couple days have been great! We finished the week with Highland Baptist Church on Thursday. Yesterday We were having a short prayer time and we witnessed a powerful movement of God...the entire group really opened up and started to reflect on the week. They shared what God has taught them during the week, gave thanks to our team, and celebrated in the week that we had shared. It was SO powerful-to see that in the same way that we had impacted them, they had impacted us. We were able to serve God together for a brief season, but even in the brevity it was awesome to see God's hand on the entire week. I do have a prayer request: we had 2 groups cancel on coming to our center for the next 2 weeks. Basically this means that our team will be responsible for every aspect of kids club. Let's just say that we will be racking our brains to come up with crafts with supplies from our craft closet. It was so nice to have extra help this week, but for the next 2 weeks we will be on our own. It will be interesting...
Also, on another topic: This Sunday, the building I am living in is being dedicated at a ribbon-cutting ceremony. This dream for the Mildred McWhorter Missionary Building began 5 years ago...Now it is built and is hosting all of us summer missionaries. It is a huge deal! We are expecting as many as 250 people as well as local press! I am especially excited because I was asked to be the videographer for the day. I will be filming the ceremony, making a walkthrough tour of the building video, and then making a montage of the day. I am excited to have the opportunity to do what I LOVE! I'm excited to be a part of capturing this awesome day in the history of the Baptist Mission Centers. God is alive and active in Houston and Sunday will be a grand party to celebrate Him-all He has done through willing hands and willing hearts. I had no idea when I was assigned to Houston that I would be serving in something so big. God is doing AMAZING things here in Houston! It might take me a while to blog again because of a busy weekend, but I'll be back ASAP to fill y'all in on Sunday's ribbon cutting ceremony. I can't wait!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey girl . . . How wonderful to be a part of such a special event . . .and, isn't it just like God to have a summer missionary there like you with the capabilities to do all the video, etc.!!!!! . . . What a blessing to be able to do that . . . I know that building will be used in years to come as a "home away from home" for many young people. We will be praying specifically in the next two weeks for all of you as you "fill in the gap" for those who were unable to be there. Love you!!
Thank you for your work. It is always awesome to have one of the summer teams come to our church to speak. God Bless You.
How proud I am of you being willing to be used by God this summer. Isn't it grand when we receive so much more than we give...the multiplying power of God and His rich blessings. We are holding on without you, but miss you dearly! We also found out who eats most of the cereal around here! :) Holding you close in my heart and prayers...Love you, love you!!
Hey! This is Christa's friend from florida, Ashley... I love your blogs and especially getting to see some pictures. I just wanted you to know that i'm praying for you guys--i was a summer missionary last year in Kentucky and know some of the challenges that you'll go through, but not all because i worked alone. I think it's amazing that you're with a group. anyway, I just wanted you to know i'm praying for you guys this week especially. Have fun today. Do something random.
~Ashley
Hi sweet sister,
Christ Himself said it best, "Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Luke 6:38)
Sounds like Christ is doing just that in your midst. I'm so proud of you. If anyone can come up with creative measures to minister this week ... it's YOU! Remember, Christ never sets His kids up for failure, He's wanting to display His power so that you and all watching will know without a shadow of doubt, it was Him and only Him. I can't wait to hear how He works.
Did you get a card I sent (snail mail) several weeks ago?
Love & hugs from here!
Hey Ki!
I had a really neat experience yesterday morning. Since we were in NYC, we decided to go to the Brooklyn Tabernacle for church yesterday. It was soul-moving. They meat at an old theater, and everyone, from infants to senior adults all come together in the service. The choir sang and they were amazing, but even more powerful was when the whole congregation would sing. We got to the service about 30 minutes late, but the service went on for another hour and forty-five minutes! But you wouldn't know it went that long...
There is a bunch more I could say, but I have to get off now, so we will have to talk soon!
Post a Comment