Thursday, June 14, 2007

This morning I worked to prepare food bags for the senior adult ministry at the center. Then I sat by the coffee pot to assist seniors. The senior adult ministry here at the Joy Center is basically from early on Thursday mornings until lunch. The seniors sit and tables and catch up on life, drink coffee, and listen to a sermon by Pastor Sam in Spanish. The women that volunteer at the center even prepare lunch every week. They invited us (the summer missionaries) to have a plate. The food was out of this world! I had beans, rice, baked chicken, and beef that was marinated with some awesome Mexican seasoning. We just had a little sampling though because they were still expecting us for lunch back at the house. We didn't want to disappoint our House Mom, Glenda, by skipping lunch!
Tonight was our first Bible study meeting. It was neat to hear different insights that everyone had from reading the first two chapters...I am praying that over time the level of trust in the group will grow so that we will be completely free to share whatever. Larissa, who is my intern leader, is also my Bible study leader. I am SO blessed by this chick! She has such a heart for God and ministry and her laugh totally makes me smile. :)
Tomorrow will be a day of meetings, cleaning, and preteen club. This weekend we will probably have some fun outings, but I haven't heard what yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How like God to give you all kinds of blessings throughout each day! He loves you so much ... I pray with each reminder you are greatly encouraged!

I'd LOVE the job of managing the coffee pot! :)

Love you, sweet girl!

Tori said...

Hey Ki! I'm glad your bible study went well. Make sure you are filling yourself up with Him so that you can keep giving out to others!

Our family leaves tomorrow for Washington, DC and then for New York City. We will be gone a little over a week, I can't wait! I'm taking my computer, so hopefully I will find places to get online, but if not, I always have my phone!

Love you girl!