Well I had a great Sunday in Houston today. Our team drove about 45 minutes to a church called Golden Acres Baptist Church. When we arrived we were informed that we would be the "choir." It was hilarious because we showed up expecting to speak and sing a little, but had no clue that we would be leading in worship alongside their worship leader. It was a traditional church, with a mix of modernized hymns and a couple current worship songs. I introduced our entire group of missionaries, and then we had two of our guys speak. Christopher Ortiz and Daniel Rosario both gave testimonies. It was great to see how the Lord was speaking to their hearts! When the pastor got up to the platform he was so moved by the words that our missionaries had spoken that he made a few brief comments and closed the service without preaching his scheduled message. It was really neat to see the pastor's sensitivity...After church finished the entire group of missionaries (18 of us) plus our house parents headed off for lunch. I now know just how great Chipotle really is! Chipotle is an EXTREMELY BETTER version of Moe's. Man Alive...the flavors were good! I had a burrito bowl with chicken...let's just say it's good we don't have Chipotle in Cleveland or else I might become addicted! :) Then we drove to Cold Stone Creamery for some ice cream. What a meal!
This afternoon I prepared for kids club a bit and took a siesta (aka "nap") Then our interns, Kristen and Haley, took us to their church, 1st Baptist Houston. I'll write more later...my internet time is coming to a close...
Sunday, June 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too bad you didn't see Beth again at her home church!
Sounds like you're not only being used by the Lord this summer, but being blessed beyond measure! Thank you for sharing the ride!
This IS the great adventure, amen?
Much love from Cleveland :)
Post a Comment