Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My Assignment for the summer

Well I received my center assignment for the summer today. I will be working at Joy Fellowship Center which is about 20 minutes away from the other mission centers. Larissa will be my intern leader and my team of other missionaries is awesome! Larissa has a great heart for the people at the center. I can't wait to work together this summer. Tomorrow we will be driving 2 hours for another day of orientation at Trinity Pines, a camp in TX. Our team will be doing a low-ropes course and a zip line and swimming. This is our week to bond and prepare for the summer...next week is all business! At Joy Fellowship the ministries include: kid's club, preteen club, teen club, homebound ministry, food/clothing distribution, senior adult ministry, and much more. I am excited to experience all of these ministries and love on the people in the community!

4 comments:

Tori said...

I'm so excited for you!! It sounds like it will be a good fit for you and yet be varied enough that you won't get tired of it! May the Lord give you an exuberance that shines with Him! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yah, sounds like a wonderful team! Have a fun time swinging through the trees and be careful....(spoken like a Mom, I know) We sure do miss you around here, but know that you are "safely" in the Lord's hands.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kieley Kid,

We are missing you a ton! VBS is going great back at Westwood. I am praying for a great day ahead for you!

Love Ya,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi you!
God has planted you right where He wants you to fulfill His plan and purpose for your summer. Praying blessings as you journey through this day, and a few winks from Him along the way.
Hugs from Cleveland! :)