Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Well I had another busy day at Joy Center in Houston today! This morning I worked in the clothing closet. I hung up clothes during the entire morning and then in the afternoon prepared my lesson for kids club. Then we had kids club! I have been alternating teaching the 7/8 year-olds with another missionary guy named Kody. Today our lesson was about Jesus calming the storm. It seems like the kids are grasping the stories so far and learning the memory verse...Kody will be in and out this summer though so please pray for me. I have found teaching to be more of a challenge than I expected! Please pray that I would be able to present the stories with clarity and with creativity.
Here's the schedule for the rest of the week:
Tomorrow-Kids club again
Friday-Preteen club
Next week will be the first week that we will be hosting volunteer groups. Basically church groups of 15-20 will be assisting at each center. They will help with kids club as well as other service projects in the community. It will be neat to meet people from different places and lead them as they serve for a week in Houston! Next Wednesday night we will also start having a worship service here at the Gano center. It will be a time to worship, hang out with the volunteer teams, and fellowship. I'm excited!
Another cool thing: there are 3 Bible studies being lead by the interns this summer. I will be doing "Wired," by Louie Giglio. It is a study about worship. Tomorrow will be the first discussion group, so I am excited to study and learn together.

2 comments:

Tori said...

It sounds like you getting into a routine! I think that when the ministry teams start coming you will really enjoy them, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Church last night was good. Collin spoke from Romans 4 about trusting in God's promises (like Abraham) and not letting our inadequacies keep us from the calling God has for us. I also had a ministry moment last night. Nothing big, but just a reminder that God will use us when we least expect it if we are open to His leading.

I'm praying for you with those kids!

<3

Anonymous said...

Hey darling! So nice to hear your voice today even for a quick minute. Took the boys to the mall today to get outfitted for the wedding. They will be looking sharp...wish you were going along so all the relatives could say, "My how grown up you are!" :):) Looking forward to a big squeeze from Aunt Lila.

Praying for you today as God uses your gifts and your willingness for HIS glory!