Hey everyone! Sorry I have not updated...For the next week I have access to a laptop as I work on editing the video of the ribbon cutting from Sunday. More about that: On Sunday the Mildred McWhorter Missionary Building (where I am living) was dedicated.Before the ceremony started the group of summer missionaries gathered in front of the building to take a picture. I was instantly overcome with teary eyes. Maybe the bright sun played a part, but it was such a surreal moment to stand with my teammates and realize the big picture that we are blessed to be a part of. I had the pleasure to meet summer missionaries from 20+ years ago. They slept on pool floats on a gym floor. To think that God has provided for this brand new building and training ground for missionaries is AWESOME! Then there was a 30 minute program to celebrate the process of the building coming to fruition. It was inspiring to hear how so many companies and individuals stepped up to provide services and money. One of my favorite quotes is "Dream a dream so impossible that it's doomed to failure unless God is in it." While I don't know who said that, it really rings true in the case of the builing and the entire vision of the Baptist Mission Centers. God has had his hand on this ministry since before it existed. After the program, Mildred McWhorter, who started Baptist Mission Centers in Houston, cut the ribbon. I have to admit it was a SPECIAL day! I had the job of filming the program, the ribbon cutting, and taking footage of the day. I had a fabulous assistant, Christopher ORtiz, who helped film and carry stuff. I really appreciated the help-it was a huge blessing! After being the videographer on Sunday I feel like a fire was rekindled in me! I haven't done much video stuff in the past 6 months or so. I have been realizing lately that my heart's desire is truly to engage culture, communicate ideas, and share Christ through media. I have no idea where this passion might lead me, but God's got me in His hands! When I say media I mean written, spoken, videos, photography, etc...It's been interesting to hear feedback from teammates and staff during the past 3 weeks. I guess I never realized how much I talked about it until I got here. My team here can tell I get a sparkle in my eye when I talk about that kind of stuff. So we'll see where it takes me...I will be working on a DVD of Sunday's events that will be pretty extensive. It will have the ceremony, the ribbon cutting, a video tour of the building, and a introduction by each of us summer missionaries. I anticipate spending lots of hours on it! I am very excited though to have the opportunity to capture history on a dvd that will be watched in years to come. Thank you everyone for your comments and your letters in the mail. It makes my day to read encouraging words after a long day of ministry!
Psalm 63
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're the bomb, Kieley Best.
BIG blessings to you today as you go, give and serve in His name.
You're making our Jesus SO proud!
I love you,
Rhonda <><
Hey Kieley,
What a great update on life in Houston. We can't wait to have you home! We love and miss you!
Dad
So exciting to hear how God has rekindled that drive in your heart to serve Him through your giftedness. I am so proud of you! Getting ready to fly the friendly skies on Saturday to potato country...wish you were going along. We will be sure to eat some caramel rolls in your honor! :) :) Love, Mom
Kieley,
I've been catching up on your journey in Houston and I find myself captivated by your words. You truly have a gift of writing, as well as "videographing"! It's so exciting to hear how God has been showing up in Houston through you and the team...such a willing servant with a heart the size of Texas! I've always known that you are the "Best"!
Have a great and blessed day!
Missing your smiling face.....Tonia
Post a Comment