Thursday, June 7, 2007

Update/My Mailing Address

Many of you have asked for my mailing address, so here it is:

Gano Mission Center
Kieley Best
1815 Gano Street
Houston, TX 77009


Hey everyone! Today has been another busy day in TX. Today was my first full day at my assigned center, Joy Fellowship. This morning I worked with my team to design and color banners to hang in front of the building. We made 3 in all! Then this afternoon we prayerwalked around the neighborhood and handed out flyers for the Block Party on Saturday. Tomorrow I will be working at another center, Gano Center, to help with the block party there. We will be having free food, games, and lots of fun! Then on Saturday, the entire group of summer missionaries will be at my center to help out with the block party there.

This is a bit of a recap but on Tuesday night the entire group of missionaries had to give a testimony. It was the most exciting time so far. It was awesome to see how God has worked in each and every life here. We are definitely a diverse group of people, but as God has brought us all together to create what we hope to be a very effective team! I basically gave a testimony of what God has been teaching me lately. God is so impressing on my heart to "let go." To let go is to be vulnerable, to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord and he DOES have a plan for me, and that I will never experience an abundant life if I don't let Christ have ALL of me! Anyway, the testimony time was a great time! I learned so much about the other missionaries the level of trust was instantly raised!

2 comments:

Madre Best said...

Good morning...the tourists arrived safely back from St. Thomas. The golfers are heading out and we are headed to Pizza Hut for lunch.
God is teaching you so much already, imagine all that He has in store for you for the summer! I love you! Hope the block party is awesome....stay cool! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kieley . . . It is so exciting to hear all the Lord is ALREADY doing in your life . . . We are checking on you and praying for you regularly . . . I can't wait to hear all that is accomplished in and through you.

Much love,

Anne and Nolan