Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wow! This has been quite the week in Houston! I cannot even begin to describe what I have learned this week. I have cried, laughed, sung, shared, talked, served...the list goes on. I really need to get to bed early so I will keep this short: Based on an experience I had last night at a poetry reading, God has given me a HUGE burden for the lost. He broke me last night...I listened to numerous local poets read poems that were full of emptiness and a lack of hope. To sit in a chair and know that I have the HOPE that they were missing was jarring to say the least. Please pray for me as well as the others who went with me...we want to share the hope, but we need direction from God on whether or not to go back to share some poetry. This might not sound like a huge deal, but it shook me up last night. I left the coffee house open mic poetry night with a broken heart. I have never seen emptiness magnified so much...Please pray for me as I need discernment from God right now. :)
On a happy note, ministry has been going great this week...the volunteer group has been great. I'll post more details soon and pictures as well

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet one ...
Unless we have a broken heart for those without Hope, we will never act on what we "profess to know."
Our friend Steven J. said it best during staff chapel on Tuesday (based on a book he's reading)"We know a lot of things, but now it's time to live it." The reality is that we will never "live it" until it becomes so deep within us. Oh, it's when we are so desperate for Him that we become Divine expressions of Christ to this lost and hopeless world. Praise the Lord ... He has positioned you to hear and He's penetrating it within your heart so that you will respond. Don't you just love Him?

I'm real proud of you, Kieley Best. Keep selling out for Christ ... HE IS WORTH IT!

I love you :)

Tori said...

Ah, I really want to talk to you. I have been having some breaking of my own going on. Words don't seem adequate. I love you.