Sunday, July 15, 2007

Wow! This has been a busy weekend. Yesterday our entire team of summer missionaries went on a cultural tour of Houston. We visited a Hindu temple, a Muslim mosque, a secular prayer chapel, and a Buddhist temple. It was eye-opening to say the least...it was surreal in a sense to see that these religions and beliefs do EXIST and they are PREVOLENT in the U.S!
Today we went to a Nigerian church in the morning. It was a fun experience! I have never seen a more cheerful bunch of people praising God!
I just returned from a Hillson United concert at Lakewood Church. Yep, that's right...I have seen Lakewood Church now...The worship with Hillsong United was awesome. It was awesome to lift Christ up with thousands of brothers and sisters in Christ...Please pray for me as I embark on a new week. As we near the end of the summer it is going by too fast. Pray that I would make the most of EVERY opportunity I have-whether it be teaching in kids club or talking somebody in the community...
God is good...All the time...GOD IS GOOD!


my posts are less frequent since I've been soooo busy...thanks for keeping up with my blog. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kieley . . . Enjoy so much reading about all your activities . . .My, how the Lord has enlarged your vision this summer!!!! . . . And, how He has used you to touch so many lives . . . Praying that the last weeks will prove to be even more special in your life as you are a blessing to Houston!!! Love you much!!!

Tori said...

I finally made it back to church on sunday morning! :) But, it was strangly....empty....and lacking, without you there. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Good morning!
Lakewood Church? That is awesome! You've experienced more this summer than most folks experience in a whole life-time. Isn't God something else? He plucked you out of Cleveland, planted you in the heart of Texas, so you could share His heart. He'll use everything you've seen, heard, experienced and lived for the past couple months in the days ahead ... in ways you never "asked or imagined" because of His power that is at work within you (Read Ephesians 3:20-21). What a wild ride—what a Savior.

Keep shining - I'm real proud of you!

Tori said...

I'm still smiling because of our wonderful conversation last night! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kieley! I have so enjoyed catching up on your blog entries. I haven't logged on in a while. Sounds like God is chiseling on your heart in a big way this summer. Also, that He is giving you direction and a passion for your life that can be used in ways to glorify Him.

I'm glad you're feeling better! I pray you have a great time in the next few weeks and that God will continue to reveal Himself to you.